The Founders Golf Club – Sarasota
June 12-16, 2016
The Senior Amateur Match Play is a great chance for seniors in Florida to compete in a state Championship. There are two divisions in the Championship; Senior (55+) and Super Senior (65+). For a look at the 2015 Championship Results click here.
- 36 holes of individual stroke play. (18 Sunday – 18 Monday). Field will be cut to Championship Flights Only.
- Championship flight of 32 in the Senior division. Championship flight of 16 in the Super-Senior division.
- There will be a hole-by-hole play-off to determine the 32nd seed in the Senior Championship and the 16th seed in the Super-Senior; all other seeding ties within each division will be broken randomly.
- All 32 Senior competitors advancing will play a match on Monday afternoon
- The round of 16 from both divisions will play one match Tuesday morning.
- All successful remaining players will play a quarterfinal match Wednesday morning with winner’s playing again in the afternoon semifinal.
- The finals of the both divisions are scheduled for Thursday morning.
Championship Field Size
- 84 players
- Male amateurs must be a member of the FSGA and have reached 55 years of age (Senior) or 65 years of age (Super-Senior) by June 12, 2016
- $185 GHIN or Foundation Member
- $195 Non-GHIN Member
Entries are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the field is full. Entries are then placed on an alternates list in order of receipt and contacted if, and when, a spot becomes available.
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Course Set-Up & Age Divisions
All players will be placed in the age division commensurate with their age as of the first day of the Championship. No player may play in both age divisions The course will be set-up at approximately:
- 6,400 – 6,500 yards – Senior Ages 55-64
- 6,100 – 6,200 yards – Super-Senior Ages 65 & over
- Any Super-Senior wishing to compete in the Senior division must notify the FSGA at time of entry
Round one tee times will begin at 8:00 AM off the 1st and 10th tees.
Players will be re-paired by score after round one for an 8:30 AM shotgun. If necessary, a playoff will follow to determine the final seeds. For those advancing to match play, single elimination matches begin Monday afternoon at 1:30 PM.
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the championship. Practice rounds may be played after 12:00 PM on the weekend. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call (941) 379-3701 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Carts are included for all competitive rounds. Players are responsible for practice round fees.
In the Senior Division, KC Fox defeated Pete Williams 3&2. The match was masterfully played as KC played holes 4-14 at 9-under-par! Through this scorching stretch Pete was able to stay within two holes but a win on 15 for KC all but sealed the victory. The Super-Senior Division was taken by Larry Vander Bie 5&4 over Jerry Young. Larry cruised through the field with his closest margin of victory being 3&2 in the semifinals.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
Champion (Senior Division – Championship Flight)
- Next three Senior Amateur Championships
- Current year’s Florida Senior Open
Runner-up (Senior Division – Championship Flight)
- Next year’s Senior Amateur Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy – Click here.
- Caddies – If a player employs a caddie, the caddie MUST walk and player’s clubs must remain on the golf cart.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy – Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition – Click here.
- Championship Policies – Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates – Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule – The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.
Host Hotel and Accommodations
There is no host hotel arranged at this time.
The Founders Golf Club accepts Visa/MasterCard only for method of payment. The Founders Golf Club does not accept Cash.
The Founders Golf Club
3800 Golf Hall Drive
Sarasota, FL 34240
Click here for directions
Click here for more information on The Founders Golf Club