COUNTRY CLUB COMMUNITIES WITH ACTIVE TENNIS
Located in Sarasota, Lakewood Ranch offers a Tennis Center designed to appeal to players of all levels, featuring 18 lighted clay courts that are maintained to the highest standards. Shaded seating areas and cold water fountains are available on all courts for maximum player comfort, while the courts have an underground HydroGrid watering system that ensures even watering for optimal playing conditions. Lakewood Ranch also conducts lessons and clinics for players of all ages, as well as year-round leagues and social events.
Featuring 12 well maintained Har-Tru courts, of which 10 are lighted, the tennis facility at Laurel Oak in Sarasota is consistently ranked among the best in Sarasota. Laurel Oak is represented in 9 ladies teams, 3 men’s teams in USTA and local leagues, with a tennis program designed to cater to players of every level, including a junior tennis program that extends from ages 5 through high school. Three full-time tennis teaching professionals are on staff to provide plenty of opportunities to improve your game, as well as monthly professional exhibitions featuring local and nationally known players.
Recognized as the “Number One Tennis Resort on the Gulf Coast of Florida” by Tennis Magazine and a “Top 25 Gold Medal Resort Worldwide” by Tennis Resorts Online, The Resort at Longboat Key Club in Sarasota features their award-winning Tennis Gardens with 20 Har-Tru tennis courts, including the USTA-certified stadium court with its state-of-the-art infrastructure and patented underground HydroGrid watering system that allows for consistent playing conditions and limited downtime. Their tennis concierges and PGA-certified staff are also on hand for professional lessons and clinics, while a fully stocked Pro Shop offers the latest tennis accessories and apparel as well as rental racquets.
The 13 Har-Tru tennis courts at the Plantation Golf & Country Club in Venice are active with weekly leagues, junior tennis programs and other member activities. On-site USTPA instructors provide lessons for all levels, while tournaments, exhibitions, and evening and weekend socials provide fun and competition for more advanced players. The Club also has a fully stocked pro shop that offers the latest equipment, apparel, stringing services and practice equipment.
Recognized by Tennis Magazine as one of the topnotch facilities in the area, The Meadows Country Club Tennis Center offers 17 Har-Tru tennis courts, 15 of which are lighted for night play, along with a stadium court and viewing area to highlight special matches. First-class instruction and clinics from their USPTA ranked and certified professionals encourage skill building at all levels. In addition, the Tennis Center provides area tournaments, team tennis, round robins, ladders and socials that are held throughout the year.
With 12 Har-Tru tennis courts, including four lighted courts, The Oaks Club in Sarasota has consistently received praise for its state-of-the-art tennis facilities and consistently given the highest rating possible by the International Tennis Federation. All courts utilize the cutting-edge HydroGrid irrigation system that provides an eco-friendly and consistent playing surface which reduces water usage and erosion. Along with its wide selection of clinics, instruction and tournaments, and its first-rate staff of USPTA-certified professionals, The Oaks Club has also been the host of several professional tournaments, including the USTA Women’s $50,000 Pro Circuit Event, in which acclaimed professional players from around the world compete.
University Park Country Club
Members at University Park in Sarasota enjoy 11 lighted Har-Tru courts that aren’t just kept well-maintained at all times, but look out on great views of the lake as well. University Park’s tennis facility has also been named among the “Best of the Best” Places to Play Tennis by SARASOTA Magazine and Best Tennis Courts by Tennis Industry Magazine. Also available are USPTA certified tennis instructors and the club hosts clinics, monthly tournaments, and team tennis.
AREA TENNIS CLUBS
Bath & Racquet
Fitness Club – The Bath & Racquet Fitness Club is a Sarasota Health Club that opened in 1969 with 8 tennis courts and a trailer as a clubhouse. Fast forward and here we are, 29 tennis courts, a 40,000 square foot facility with a fully equipped fitness facility, CrossFit41 Gym, Group Exercise Program, 5 racquetball courts, 3 squash courts, award winning pro shop, Jr. Olympic swimming pool, and a full-service restaurant.
- Celsius Tennis Academy – Celsius Tennis Academy in Sarasota, Florida offers year-round tennis training options that fit your schedule, age, ability, budget and goals. You can select the number of days and hours you wish to train.
- Longwood Athletic Club – Next Generation Tennis Academy, located at Longwood Athletic Club in Sarasota, Florida, is dedicated to the junior and professional tennis player and their goals. Longwood Athletic Club offers the academy all the amenities the striving tennis player needs, 13 har-tru courts, 4 hard courts, 1 red clay and a state-of-the-art fitness room. NGTA has what it takes to propel beginners, junior tournament players and professionals to the “Next Level” they all strive to achieve.
- The Field Club – All courts are open 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. each day. Courts are closed each day from 12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. for watering and general maintenance.
- Serendipity Racquet Club – Top-notch facilities and top-notch talent make Sarasota Sports Club the premier health and racquet club in the Sarasota area. The club’s wide array of unique and wonderful amenities are overseen by a staff that includes world-class tennis instructors.
- Sarasota Surf & Racquet Club – Sarasota Surf and Racquet Club Offers the Area’s Only Clay Courts, Four Tennis Courts (2 Har-Tru Courts and 2 Laykold Courts).
- Bird Key Yacht Club – Join a regular tennis group and experience all levels of play in our Saturday morning Round Robins.
- Cedars Tennis Resort – Cedars Tennis Resort, a luxury vacation rental on Longboat Key, offers world-class facilities, magnificent beaches and tropical sunsets that are picture-perfect. Guests enjoy an unforgettable Florida vacation in our spacious townhomes that are perfect for families or couples. There is something to suit every mood at Cedars Tennis Resort – a junior Olympic swimming pool with Tiki bar, a fitness center, fishing pier and bicycle availability are just some of the amenities you’ll enjoy while staying at this resort.
- Longboat Key Public Tennis Center – 10 soft clay courts, specialized teaching court, daily organized events, teaching professionals, match making service.
- United Tennis Academy – Located in Bradenton, Florida – the hotbed of tennis in the sunshine state. Owners Jeff Russell and Gabriel Trifu started United with two courts and only themselves as coaches. Today, United Tennis Academy resides at United Tennis Club at El Conquistador which offers 21 tennis courts and a full service club house.
- The Racquet Club at El Conquistador – The Racquet Club at El Conquistador is a private, member-owned tennis club in Bradenton, Florida. The club has been in operation for over 20 years. We are part of an active and growing community nestled on Sarasota Bay just one mile from the prestigious IMG Academies, “Bollettieri.” Tennis is the name of the game in this part of Florida and “El Con” is known as the area’s marquee club.
- IMG Academy – Tennis camps at IMG Academy have earned the reputation as the world’s premier destination for tennis improvement, having developed ten world No.1 players since its inception more than 30 years ago. We focus on developing complete players who can perform in any match situation at any level. With a program derived from the teaching fundamentals of founder and International Tennis Hall of Fame member Nick Bollettieri, our coaches expertly combine technical training with mental and physical conditioning to build the complete athlete who can outsmart and outlast the competition.