BOATING AND YACHT CLUBS
The coastal lagoon of Sarasota Bay along Southwest Florida’s Gulf Coast region is composed of a string of barrier islands as well as the mainland of the counties of Manatee and Sarasota. Anna Maria Sound serves as its northern border to the north and the region extends to the south to the area just above Venice Inlet. It contains numerous waterways that include tidal tributaries, coves, inlets, small creeks, and passes that can be accessed by boats and other water-borne vehicles.
Numerous boating and waterfront opportunities are available in Sarasota Bay and its neighboring waterways near the Gulf of Mexico. Among the many boating clubs, yacht clubs, and marinas found in the area include the following:
- Bird Key Yacht Club – Offers boating and waterfront dining with the best view of the bay, plus tennis courts, a fitness center, as well as social events and special activities for boaters and non-boaters alike.
- Bradenton Beach Marina – This marina offers inside high and dry storage for boats up to 40′ in length and wet slip dockage for boats up to 65′ in length.
- Bradenton Boat Club – Offers a world-class marina facility with floating docks, located on a protected canal.
- Longboat Key Club Moorings – This facility offers a full-service 291-slip, deep-water marina plus amenities that include a spa, tennis courts, restaurants, and a white-sand beach.
- Manatee Landings Marina – Called Bradenton’s best equipped state-of-the-art dry storage marina, this full service facility also offers fuelling stations, jet ski lifts, a ship’s store, bait and tackle shop, and pump out station, all with 24-hour security.
- Marina Jack – Considered the premier deep water marina and waterfront dining destination on the West Coast of Florida, offering transient dockage and cruise club accommodations, as well as hosting Sarasota’s largest charter boat fleet.
- Parrot Cove Marina – This old Florida-style marina is surrounded by nature, with dolphins and manatees swimming in the bay waters, as well as a small relaxing nature park with 3 sandy beaches nearby on the bay.
- Sara Bay Marina – A full service facility that offers enclosed dry boat storages and wet slips as well as a fine selection of new, used and brokerage boats.
- Sarasota Yacht Club – Founded in 1926, the club continues its deep commitment to the yachting tradition, hosting annual regattas and races throughout the year.
- Siesta Key Marina – Florida’s original one stop full service marina that offers boat storage, rentals, and repairs, as well as jet skiing and parasailing.
- Turtle Beach Marina – This fully equipped marina provides indoor dry storage or outside wet slips, along with general maintenance, routine service, or full engine rebuilds.
- Venice Yacht Club – This private club was founded in 1951 and offers its members a variety of opportunities to participate in a multitude of special events, fine dining experiences, and service to the Club and community.
If being able to dock your boat in your backyard is your idea of the perfect home, then look no further than the boating communities found throughout the various keys and barrier islands of the Gulf Coast region. Some of these waterfront neighborhoods are:
- Bay Isles on Longboat Key – Own a canal-front home with a private dock for easy access to the Gulf or bay in this prestigious gated enclave. Residents also enjoy access to the marina at Bay Isles Beach Club, as well as harbor side golfing at the Longboat Key Club.
- Bird Key – This exclusive gated community is home to spectacular houses with easy access to the nearby shopper’s paradise known as St. Armand Circle. Residents who are also members of the Bird Key Yacht Club can enjoy a quick game of tennis or waterfront dining amidst scenic views of the bay.
- Country Club Shores on Longboat Key – Most of the homes in this affluent community feature private docks on deepwater canals for boats up to 65 feet long. Residents will enjoy living in homes that have an Old Florida elegance, with plenty of patio space to enjoy the breathtaking views.
- Grand Mariner on Longboat Key – This exclusive condo community offers a private deep-water yacht harbor, lush tropical landscaping, and indulgent amenities.
- Lido Shores on Lido Key – Residents of this community enjoy a lifestyle where they can relax and enjoy life to the fullest while fishing and boating, with homes having deep-water dockage just north of St. Armands Circle.
- Waterlefe Golf and River Club – The club’s marina has 59 slips that line the Manatee River and lead to the Gulf of Mexico, and many homes have private docks in this community surrounded by nature preserves.